Postcards are the workhorse of the direct marketing industry, and companies are turning to them now more than ever. And why not? A postcard is like sending a mini billboard through the mail. They're simple to create, and can put your company right in front of your intended audience for very little money.
Why should you consider postcard marketing?
1. Postcards can generate website traffic or sales leads at a low cost. Four-color printing is inexpensive these days, and you can create a card that your client ends up keeping for months.
2. Postcards are eye-catching, and are the best-read direct mail pieces.
3. They create instant brand awareness, and can be included almost anywhere in a direct marketing campaign. For instance, use them as a save-the-date card in advance of a beautiful invitation to a fundraiser. Or send them after a sales letter to spur response.
3. Postcards are easy and quick. There's no envelope to design and very little copy to write. You can have a new postcard campaign out within a week.
How to create an effective postcard:
1. When designing your card, keep your message as brief as possible. State clearly and simply what you can offer your customer, or how you can help.
2. Use a catchy headline. Make sure it's interesting and easy to read at first glance.
3. Choose your image wisely. It should support the accompanying headline, be interesting and make the reader want to flip the card over.